Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Do You Wonder If You Should Give a Kid an iOS Device?

http://www.youtube.com/user/minutephysics/featured

Do you wonder if you should give a kid and iOS device?  Look what my son (a dedicated non-reader) insisted that I check out on his iPod Touch last night... the Minute Physics Channel on YouTube.  Watch one of the movies on this channel and put yourself at ease.

His teacher once said that,  "...if you ever want to see how something is done, check out YouTube."  I think she is right and there is good out there to be found on YouTube.  It's not just people acting strangely for the camera.

His iPod Touch is sometimes a distraction when we want him doing something else, but I was just as distracted by books when I was his age.  Different age, Different tools.

No comments: