Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Thought I Was Paranoid

I thought I was the only one paranoid to do this... have you ever "Googled" yourself?

It is a good idea according to Will Richardson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Richardson)

How well you Google can be important to your career, personal life and in ways I have never thought of before.  No, you can't make a mistake just go away.  But you can respond.

By the way, Will Richardson was our guest speaker at our school's opening professional development day. If you get a chance to hear him, do.  Will has some very well thought out ideas and presents them with grace and humor.  He said he was going to "push us."  But I didn't feel like I was being belittled or threatened.  He's worth a listen.

Kids today will need to think ahead in a big way.   Everything you do is a possible gaffe on YouTube, Facebook, MySpace... will your kids "Google" well?  This needs to be taught.

No comments: