Wednesday, August 31, 2011

There's an Adapter for That.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20099484-263/apples-thunderbolt-potential-increases-with-new-adapters/?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=MacFixIt

Topher Kessler has found an interesting gadget that works with Thunderbolt.

I wondered if Thunderbolt was going to be like Firewire (and Firewire 800) in that Firewire is speedier than USB, but just not accepted/available/used by all the gadgets I would like to hook up to my computer.

I still wonder if anyone else is going to use T-Bolt, but with this Sonnet Echo Express Card adapter, I am thinking pretty much all of my add-ons (cameras, mixing boards, hard drives, card readers) may be using Thunderbolt.  In fact, with this adapter, why would Apple keep putting all those ports on their computers?  You can pick and choose the adapters you want now.

No comments: