Thursday, June 5, 2008

What are you doing to get ready for the next year?

I have yet to meet the truly lazy teacher. Doing nothing just isn't in the teacher DNA. So I chuckle when I hear someone ask what a teacher is going to do with their "summer off." If you are teaching, my question for you is what are you doing to get ready for the next year? I have a couple of projects in addition to getting my kids to their activities. I want to sit down and really play around with Garage Band. I can record with GB. I want to see what I can compose with that program. Should be fun. Finale and SmartMusic need some attention too. Whatever isn't in the SmartMusic library that I use with my students needs to be entered into SmartMusic. This year, I learned that SmartMusic does make a difference in rehearsals. The tunes that have SmartMusic support are better prepared for the concert. So what are you doing to get ready for the next year?

No comments: