Monday, June 16, 2008

New project. Need ideas!

Well, I think I may be in trouble.
This fall there will be a new class on my schedule. 7th grade general music. This is in addition to 5th grade band, 6th grade band, 7th grade band, 5th grade general music, 6th grade general music.
I believe there will be two sections of 20 or so students. These are students who are actively avoiding the performance-based classes of band and choir.
I think the intent is that I will give them experience working with music technology in this class. This age group of student benefits from hands-on learning. It should be interesting with 5 or so computers.
I am collecting ideas at a wiki page http://electronicmusicedideas.wikispaces.com/ Feel free to stop by and put your two cents worth in! In the mean time, I will be trolling the net looking for ideas and resources to borrow. Wish me luck.

No comments: