Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So what do you bring home?

I was packing my lunch and coffee this morning. I used to be lunch, coffee and a bunch of homework. I am amazed at how much work I am not carrying around anymore. There used to be a bunch of worksheets, CDs (before that tapes), maybe a portable player of some kind. It's not that I am skipping the homework. (I was busy after supper.) It's all the work I need is now online. If you are a music teacher take a look at SmartMusic Impact. Impact's a great place to store those audio files AND they are all organized by student. If you have one of those paper and pencil classes, have you looked at Moodle, WebCT or Blackboard? If you don't have access to those course management tools, maybe you should take a look at Google Docs. Lose the briefcase. It may change the way your students learn as well. I found an interesting link about Moodle vs Blackboard: http://www.humboldt.edu/~jdv1/moodle/all.htm The scatter graphs show wonderful student progress, but the comments about being involved in the learning may be the key to why these programs are a hit with learners. And when was the last time you heard about a dog eating a server? You may actually get the student work back!

No comments: