Monday, April 7, 2008

Welcome to the end of the quarter.

Maybe I am too soft-hearted.
I am willing to take late work from students.  I just wish that students wouldn't take that to mean that I want it all turned in on the last day of the quarter.
I guess I get grumpy about entering grades and scores.
I was also told that the grade book my school uses would someday talk to other programs and gather scores from them automatically.  I can't be the only one that wants that.  I was told that was "in the works" three years ago.  I can't get the program to even sniff at a spreadsheet.  I bet I could knock that out in less than 10 minutes in FileMaker.  
I don't care if a grade book looks pretty, makes use of wonderful colors or generates a thousand different useless graphs.  Make it a joy to enter the information.  Or better yet, make it a joy to automate that entry.
Get busy programmers.

No comments: