Monday, August 18, 2008

School's almost here. AAAAAAHHH!!!!

I was hoping to get the whole house painted by the start of school.
I have a good start.  I just wish it was June so I was a lock to finish by the time the snow flies.  
I have the interior spaces done.  That includes the "Big Wall"... it's a vaulted ceiling over a flight of stairs.
I got it done thanks to my "Little Giant."  Yes, I got sucked into an infomercial and bought the pitch.  Turns out, it is a really good product for me.  I knew I was going to need to do the "Big Wall."  I also knew that I weigh in at about 25o pounds.  This is not a job for a normal ladder.  I needed something sturdy, tall and flexible enough to be rigged for that ugly job.  Big emphasis on sturdy.  I'm not a small guy and grew up in the flatlands of North Dakota, just about any change of height gives me vertigo.
I was very pleased with the performance.  
I got the biggest on they make (28 feet?) and it is a heavy beast.  You may be able to get along with something smaller and lighter.  
I did enjoy being able to go up the A-frame ladder to paint the garage.  I could reach the peak and I still had a work platform to set the bucket (unlike an extension ladder.)  
I would buy another one of these, I just don't think this one is every going to wear out!  Solid!

No comments: